DALLAS COWBOYS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A FREE INSURANCE QUOTE, A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE OR NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A FREE INSURANCE QUOTE, A PURCHASE, OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. These official rules ("Official Rules") shall govern this Farmers® Insurance Dallas Cowboys Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"). The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the following counties in the state of Texas: Comanche, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Jack, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwell, and Tarrant, who are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of the companies comprising the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies® ("Farmers"), including the Sponsor (as hereinafter defined), Cowboys Stadium, L.P, Pro Silver Star, Ltd., Silver Star or Dallas Cowboys Football Club, Ltd., and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns ("Sweepstakes Entities"), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes and is subject to entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. For the purposes of these Official Rules, "Affiliates" means and shall include any existing or future person that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control or management with Farmers Group, Inc.
2. Sweepstakes Sponsor: Farmers Group, Inc., 4680 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90010.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am Pacific Time ("PT") on December 23, 2011 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on January 14, 2012 ("Entry Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Entry Period go to www.dallascowboys.com and click on the Sweepstakes banners, buttons and/or links to access the online entry form for the Sweepstakes. By successfully transmitting a completed online entry form as directed, you will be entered in the Sweepstakes. Or go directly to https://secure.dallascowboys.com/farmers_signup.cfm to enter.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered "Eligible Entries". All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged.
The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
Limit: Only one (1) entry per person/e-mail address/household, regardless of method of entry, is permitted. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate in this Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Random Drawing: Sponsor's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select the winner ("Winner") from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period on or around January 14, 2012. There will be one Winner for the entire sweepstakes. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries received. The Sweepstakes Entities will make up to three (3) attempts over the twelve (12) hour period following Winner selection to contact the potential winner via the telephone numbers provided on his or her entry form. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential winner cannot be reached directly during the twelve (12) hour period in which he or she is called, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected, in Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
6. Prizes: There will be one (1) Winner. Winner will receive a total of four (4) Cowboys Stadium Tour Vouchers, an autographed Cowboys jersey, an autographed Cowboys football and a $250 Cowboys Pro Shop Gift Card.. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of all of the Prizes is $800.
Before being determined to be the Winner, the potential winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include submitting a copy of a driver's license, passport or similar government issued identification, within two (2) days of being notified as a potential winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential winner such potential winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential winner may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received. To be eligible to be declared the Winner and to receive the Prizes, the potential winner must sign within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor or Sponsor: (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release releasing Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential winner's participation in the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize, to be eligible for the Prizes; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a publicity release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential winner's name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases and documents. If a potential winner or Guest does not sign these releases and documents within the time frame specified, the potential winner may be disqualified and the Prizes forfeited. When properly executed, and provided potential winner is in compliance with the Official Rules, potential winner will be determined to be the Winner. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary.
Guest accompanying Winner for the Prize must be the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides. Guest will also be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release that must be returned along with the potential winners' Affidavit of Eligibility/Publicity Release within three (3) days of issuance. If Winner chooses not to take a Guest, then the Guest elements will be forfeited and the remaining elements shall constitute full satisfaction of the Prizes. Prizes will be forfeited if a Winner or Guest fails to comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winner and Guest agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations and agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Winner and Guest also must acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winner and Guest will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, car, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prizes. Winner and Guest must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sweepstake Entities with respect to the Prizes and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or Winner may forfeit Prizes at Sponsor's sole discretion.
The dates for fulfillment of the Prize will be on or around January 14, 2012, but subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prizes, or any portion thereof, is permitted by Winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to Winner or any potential winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation, lodging, meals, snacks, beverages, entertainment, tips, gratuities, souvenirs, personal expenses, travel insurance, travel from outside the Dallas Fort Worth area or to or from any site at which any of the Prizes is delivered, including without limitation Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, and any equipment to be used in connection the Prizes, are solely Winner's responsibility. Prizes are provided "as is". Entrants acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including any express warranties provided by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by the Sweepstakes Entities.
Winner must supply Sponsor with his or her social security number for tax purposes. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of the Prizes awarded if the actual value of Prizes is over six hundred U.S. dollars ($600). All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely Winner's responsibility.
7. Waiver of Liability/Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, each entrant, Winner and Guest agree to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements; and (ii) waive any and all claims or actions against the Sponsor and its Affiliates, the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") for any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, expenses, actions, causes of action, judgment for damages, alleged claims or litigation that may occur, to person or property, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with (i) the acceptance, receipt or use of the Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of the Prize or any typographical or other error in the Official Rules or the award or offering and announcement of the Prize; or (ii) participation in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, loss of income, personal injury, damage to any property or to the Prize, whether such damage is direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise, or claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries. Under no circumstances will each entrant, Winner and Guest be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant, Winner and Guest hereby waives all rights to any claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney's fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant, Winner and Guest gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Sponsor and/or Affiliates by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes. Winner, by acceptance of the Prize, grants to Sponsor and its Affiliates, and each of their respective designees, the right to publicize Winner's and Guest's name, address (city and state of residence), photographs, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, promotional, trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, in any medium now or hereafter devised worldwide without limitation and without further notification, permission, payment or consideration. Unless prohibited by law, Winner and Guest may be required to execute a Publicity Release forms. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Winner grants to Sponsor the right to record, videotape and photograph Winner and Guest ("Images"). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, image, likenesses and all other attributes of Winner's and Guest's personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising and promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
9. General Conditions: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, e-mail or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, or other connections including those through and/or by any website, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of the Event. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor and/or Affiliates or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, Affiliates or their respective agents. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstakes, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize (or any portion thereof), and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. All entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, as well as their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys in fact and shareholders from and against any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, expenses, losses, actions, causes of action, judgment for damages, alleged claims or litigation arising out of, resulting from or in connection with the acceptance of the Prize or participation in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, loss of income, personal injury, damage to any property or to the Prize, whether such damage is direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If any part of these Official Rules are held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the Sponsor, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
If this contest or any Web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify a Winner and award the Prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant hereby expressly waive all rights to any claim, punitive incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney's fees.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR, AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COSTS) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cables, DSL lines, phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to, if at all, award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. None of the Released Parties will be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, strikes, walk-outs, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any occurrence which is outside of the control of each of the Released Parties, respectively.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas (Dallas Division) or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Dallas County, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All entrants hereby agree at their own expense to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties, as well as the respective directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys in fact and shareholders of each from and against any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, expenses, losses, actions, causes of action, judgment for damages, alleged claims or litigation arising out of, resulting from or in connection with the acceptance of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, loss of income, personal injury, damage to any property or to any prize, whether such damage is direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. All entrants hereby agree at their own expense to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties, as well as the respective directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys in fact and shareholders of each from and against any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, expenses, losses, actions, causes of action, judgment for damages, alleged claims or litigation arising out of, resulting from or in connection with the acceptance of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, loss of income, personal injury, damage to any property or to any prize, whether such damage is direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage sustained or incurred if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is suspended, varied or terminated at any time, with or without prior warning or publicity.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
12. Name of Winner: For the name of the Winner, available after the date the Winner is announced through January 27, 2012 , please send a request in a self-addressed stamped envelope to "Farmers Insurance Dallas Cowboys Sweepstakes Sponsored by Farmers Insurance – Winner Name, 6th floor" 4680 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010.
13. Copy of Rules: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Farmers Insurance Dallas Cowboys Sweepstakes Sponsored by Farmers Insurance – Rules – 6th Floor" 4680 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010 before January 27, 2012. The full Official Rules may also be viewed at: https://secure.dallascowboys.com/farmers_rules.cfm
14. Removal from Sweepstakes: To request removal from this and/or any future Sweepstakes sponsored by Sponsor, or from any mailing or promotion list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with explicit removal instructions which include the i) requestor's name, ii) requestor's address, and iii) whether the removal request applies to this Sweepstakes and/or future sweepstakes to: Farmers Insurance, "Sweepstakes List Removal" – 6th Floor 4680 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010. Sponsor shall remove the requested name(s) and address(es) within sixty (60) days from the date of it receipt of the written request.
© 2011 Farmers Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Any questions, comments or complaints about this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor.